Yep so here I am again. Not to apologise for not writing this time. This time I’m here to tell you what has been going on in the life of Tabby (the bumbling, mostly useless, teenage girl).
So let’s start with September…
– I started year eleven
– I started mentoring in drama on Saturdays which means I spend 8 hours in a drama studio on a Saturday which I love.
– I found I get to be DSM (deputy stage manager) for a production full of small children which means I call cues and curtains and lights and songs and run the show from the wings
– I started rehearsals for pantomime and also the Shakespeare Schools Festival
– I took a lot of selfies
– I went to a campout (details to follow in separate blog post containing a hypothetical cockerel called Trevor)
– I got very very drunk
– I got very very very drunk
– My default greeting is now “BONJOUR!” in a thick yorkshire accent
– I now say merci instead of thanks
– I slowly started turning french
– I went to bonfire night with a massive group of friends which was awesome
– I went on a trip to Whitby for coursework and had fish and chips in a restaurant and pretended to be civilised
– I went to a party and fell over a lot
– I woke up with a lot of bruises and had no idea why I had them
– I ate a lot of pizza
– I performed in the Shakespeare Schools Festival (our school won) I got to eat haribos on stage and be mean to the audience and look really sassy which was fun
– I made up a badass handshake with my pantomime friend
– Pantomime starts
– I destain myself from punching several small children
– I took a lot of selfies in a cat costume
– I took a lot of selfies in a 50’s costume
– I had a social gathering for avid lovers of pizza and nachos
– I took my dog for a walk at midnight and saw a drunk man lying on the ground
– I saw another drunk man trying to walk straight
– I laughed
– Trip to Ikea whilst wearing a mushroom hat
– Took more selfies
– NEW YEAR!!!!
– Started wearing hats
– Took a picture of an adorable small child wearing my hat
– Went to a party and had jelly shots which i think are simply the best idea in the world
– Planned for my birthday party
It’s my birthday on Friday and I’m having a house party and I’m really excited but kind of scared at the same time… But mainly excited!
I also didn’t mention but I had my mock exams through November and December whilst only being in school 3 days a week due to performing… Which was interesting…
I’m happy with my results though. I did much better than I expected.
I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week and until I next see you,
Long time no see…
I’m not really sure what to say…
I haven’t been here in a while. It feels weird to be sat at my desk again typing and hoping that maybe someone finds me interesting enough to read whatever drivel spills out of my messy brain.
Let’s start with why I stopped blogging:
Basically I didn’t have the time. I stopped watching youtube and all the things i used to do purely because I didn’t have the time. I started pantomime rehearsals, I swapped friend groups and started going to parties and stuff and exam stress set in and I found it hard to make time for this any more.
With blogging however, it was always a little more. It was important for me. It was helpful. This site is like a support network and writing was a release. There were people here who were in the same position as me and it was nice to talk to them. And I have missed that. I have also missed writing. I stopped because I didn’t feel I was any good at it. In school I didn’t like English so I thought I was a useless writer. I also didn’t need the release so much anymore. I started to get better. I pulled myself up. I got more confident and for a while I had to be selfish and focus on me. It was a delicate time. I knew how easy it would be for me to fall back and lose my confidence and I had to change what I surrounded myself with. No YouTube no WordPress. I had to force myself to go outside.
Now let’s do why I’m back:
Quite simply because I enjoy being here (virtually). Recently I’ve been getting a lot of comments on how much people have enjoyed my last few posts (specifically the running one – yes I get it, we like to laugh at my expense, I’m hilarious, I’m north yorkshire’s answer to Miranda) and that’s kind of encouraged me to pursue my writing – thank you kind people for your encouraging words on how funny it is when I make a fool of myself in public. Also, in my mock exams I did really well in English. Really well, and I was really fucking proud, because I thought it was like my second weakest subject. I’ve kind of got to the point where I don’t really give a shit about what people have to say about me. I used to care so much when the “popular” girls took the piss out of me for having a blog and I used to let it get to me. Now, with only 4 months left at school with those bitches I don’t care what they say because I know whatever I set my mind to, I will succeed. And to quote Taylor Swift “I’m just gonna shake it off”
Mint. Covered the necessary. Be back soon to update y’all on the recent occurrences in my life because right now I’m sat in the pitch black of my room, only illuminated by my laptop screen when I should really be asleep…
I’m praying this snow will lay and get thicker so I don’t have to go into school tomorrow and explain to my English teacher who hates my guts why I haven’t done her homework that was due in today and tell my maths teacher that I didn’t do her homework because she set it yesterday, I didn’t have the desire nor the time to do it, and that the main reason I haven’t done it is because she’s an incompetent fool who I don’t have the time of day for.
This just made me laugh. It’s his face!!!!