Clearly I’m not 16 yet.
That said, I thought this would be and interesting twist. You’re meant to write these when you’re older but maybe I should write one now so I can look at this post when I am 16 and go “Right, younger me said please don’t get pregnant. Better listen to her on that one!”
Maybe this way I can make sure I don’t completely go off the rails!
Okay here we go!
Dear 16-year-old me,
I am writing to let you know what I think you should and should not be doing. You should probably listen to me because I am actually sober and thinking straight and am probably being more sensible than you are right now (hopefully 😉
1. Please have found some way to make my hair better. (oh for god’s sake please say it’s not still flat!)
2. Please try to go out at least once every 2 months (I know the internet is your home but try… for me?)
3. Please still be friends with Elly (you won’t find anyone as crazy as her)
4. Please go to at least one house party (errr….. am I asking too much???)
5. Please don’t get absolutely wasted at said house party (hahaha…. NOT going to happen)
6. Please work hard and get at least 6 A*’s (don’t care about RE but the others need to be good)
7. Please don’t end up at a shitty sixth form
8. Please actually learn to play guitar properly (and tune the acoustic once in a while)
9. Please don’t try and become Olive from Easy A (great movie btw)
10. Please don’t get fat (you know how everything goes straight to your hips!)
Okay and please, please, please don’t throw your life down the drain. I want shoes and lots of em but to get them we need money and we only get money if we get a good job and for that we need good exam results!
Oh and keep blogging. Don’t give up on doing what you love (unless it’s murder, in which case, give up NOW!)
If you do turn out to be some sexy badass criminal (pah! I wish!) please don’t get caught!